The TP-DCDC Series of DC to DC converters offered by Tycon Power Systems are a low cost and high reliability solution for those requiring 18V to 48VDC Power Over Ethernet voltage from a 12 or 24V battery system. They have an integrated POE injector to apply the 48VDC to the CAT5 Ethernet cable. The output is regulated 18V, 24V or 48VDC from an input voltage between 9VDC and 36VDC. They have two isolated inputs for connecting 2 power sources, like a primary and backup power source.
They accept data-in to a shielded RJ45 Jack and provide data-out and POE power on the shielded RJ45 output jack. They work by supplying power on the unused Ethernet pins 4,5(V+) and 7,8(V-).
They have various protections for surge, short circuit and overload. The units have power output up to 24W.
If the remote device does not support power over Ethernet, splitters (TP-POE-SPLT-1) are available to split the data and DC voltage at the remote device.
Features of TP-DCDC
- Input Voltage 9-36VDC; Output 24V or 48VDC (the TP-DCDC1248D is 802.3af compatible)
- Dual Inputs for connecting 2 power sources
- Integrated POE Inserter
- High Power up to 24W
- Low self consumption power
- Short Circuit, Over Current and Over Voltage Protection
- High Temperature Operation
- Compact size V Floor / Desktop / Wall Mount
There are two options available:
- 12V / 24V Battery Systems
- Wireless Access Points and Client Devices
- IP Phone and Security Camera Systems
DC to DC PoE Injector 24V Output - Surge Arrestor, 9-36VDC in (dual input) and 24V DC Out, 0.8A, 19W, 85 x 76 x 36mm, 134g
DC to DC PoE Injector 48V Output - Surge Arrestor, 9-36VDC in (dual input) and 48V DC Out, 0.35A, 24W, 85 x 76 x 36mm, 134g
The TP-DCDC-1248M is the metal version of TP-DCDC-1248D with 0.5A